Friday is here!!
And with it comes a weekend of relaxing.
You wake up on Saturday morning, slip on a pair of fuzzy socks and your comfiest clothes, stand in the kitchen making yourself a warm drink, and wrap yourself in a blanket outside, feeling the warm breeze on your face.
You smile and pull out a journal.
You write the following questions each on the top of a fresh page.
- How do I want to feel?
- Do I truly believe that I can do ANYTHING?
- What would my perfect moment look like? Think of every sense: how would it look, smell, sound, taste?
- When do I catch myself smiling for no reason at all, except that I am at peace and happy?
- If I were to have a dream where absolutely anything was possible, what would I do?
- What is one challenge that life has given me for which I truly showed up and did my very best? What did I learn from the hidden school of life from this assignment?
- Who is a guide for me in my life?
- What is something new which I learned today and how can I apply it to my life?
- What is a situation which I reacted to unfavourably and why were my emotions triggered by this?
- Does my mind wander? When does it wander? Where does it wander?
And then, you begin.
Do not filter or edit out of fear of judgement- no one will read this except for you!
Do not fear judging yourself- instead, hold great amounts of respect for being authentic to yourself and willing to uncover stories that have built your perception of reality.
You can go as deep as you’d like, by consistently challenging why you feel a certain way.
“If I were to have a dream where absolutely anything was possible, what would I do?”, might be followed by:
“Why do I want to do this?” or “What in my past made me desire this?”
Incredible things are just waiting to be released onto your paper! If 10 questions are too many in one sitting, do one or two to begin your morning this week. Writing about self awareness can help us control our emotions in daily interactions and put us in a state of flow similarly to how we feel while exercising.
Your mission today:
Find a blank notebook and pen, and leave it in your favourite morning spot for tomorrow. This is a practice which is ongoing for me; these questions will spark new ones in you, I am certain!
Stay open, free of judgement, and enjoy the ride!