When I followed the Paleo diet, I LIVED off of zucchini noodles.
They have a special place in my heart! Marinara sauce, bolognese, or alfredo… The zoodles just soak. It. UP!
Veggie noodles are also awesome because…
- They’re more flavourful than traditional pasta
- They’re colourful! Definitely a bonus
- They’re often rich in micronutrients such as Vitamin A and Vitamin C
- They’re extremely high volume… You can eat a massive bowl of zucchini for a sliver
of the carbohydrates present in a pasta bowl of the same size
Especially during the summer months, light and fresh veggie noodles are a staple! This sauce is just as simple as spiralizing your noodles, and can be ready in a flash.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all natural peanut butter or tahini
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- red pepper flakes to taste
- generous sprinkle sesame seeds
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together.
- Toss sauce with veggie noodles of your choice. I like green and yellow zucchini, but sweet potato noodles are also delicious with this sauce!
Well! That is THE MOST simple recipe in town. Almost like asian noodle take out!
You could enjoy these noodles as a side or add protein and crushed peanuts for a more filling meal!