I was at the grocery store the other day, and while browsing through the cereal aisle, stumbled across all of my childhood favourites!
And then… I noticed that my cereal choices as a kid were 100% based on the toy which was promised inside, OR the name/mascot on the box.
Because I live in Canada, would “Caribou Crunch” be appropriate??
It’s oil free, unlike so many commercial varieties loaded with fat and sugar. And it’s made with ingredients you probably already have in the cupboard!
Makes 2 servings.
For 1 serving:
3 grams Fat
32 grams Carbs
5 grams Protein
- 1/2 cup (45 g large flake oats)
- 1 cup (16 g) puffed rice cereal
- 3 tbsp (21 g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sticky sweetener – I used sugar free syrup, but maple syrup or honey will work as well!
- pinch salt
- optional cinnamon or coconut flakes
(Above: Before baking)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, folding and pressing until granola sticks together.
- Spread into clusters on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 5 minutes. (If you used maple syrup or honey, it may need 7-8 minutes!) Every oven is different, so if granola is still soft, shuffle every minute after this time to crisp through.
- Remove from the oven and cool before serving with almond or cashew milk!