Good morning everyone!
Today’s recipe is super simple and is a go-to of mine every time I’m craving breakfast later in the day!
It’s a combination of all the breakfast flavours – eggs, turkey bacon, cheese, and toast- in pizza form!
Based on your own tastes and size of pita, I have not included nutritional information. This recipe really is yours to personalize! For a higher fat option, substitute whole eggs for egg whites and turkey bacon for regular bacon.
- 1/2 cup egg whites or 2 eggs
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 1 cup fresh kale
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp (~15 grams) low fat cheese (marble or parmesan are my favourites!)
- Optional italian seasoning
- Prepare the eggs by scrambling them. For fluffy eggs, whisk and aerate them just before pouring into a pan. Remove the eggs and set aside.
- Sauté the kale and turkey bacon together in the same pan until crispy. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (If you cook these together, the salt from the turkey bacon should be enough to season the kale as well, and the fats will ensure that the kate crisps and does not burn 🙂 )
- Brush a whole wheat pita with olive oil and top with eggs, kale, and bacon. Finish with cheese and Italian seasoning, and toast until cheese is melted.
That’s it! Happy Thursday, my friends!