I will never forget the milkshake I made once for a kid fresh out of his soccer game. Because you can choose 2 or 3 scoops of ice cream, most people choose either the same flavour, or something which goes well together… like vanilla and orange sherbet, you know?
This boy asked for 1 scoop rainbow sherbet, 1 scoop cotton candy, and 1 scoop chocolate peanut butter.
I didn’t know what to say… I think I must have asked if he was sure. I also recall laughing as I blended it, creating the most unappealing colour and then pouring it into the clear cup before handing it to his hesitant mom. Both of us secretly thought it was amazing.
COOKIES AND CREAM FROSTY MILKSHAKE with Flourless Homemade Cookies
20 g Fat
13 g Carbs
40 g Protein
In comparison to a Dairy Queen Oreo Blizzard of the same size:
44 g Fat
165 g Carbs
22 g Protein
And now… For the recipe!
First, for the cookies, combine the following, roll the dough out between 2 pieces of parchment, and freeze until cookie can snap:
- 1/2 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp baking cocoa
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
You could also add a few drops of peppermint oil- it tastes just like a thin mint cookie wafer!
Once your cookie is ready (which makes a great snack on it’s own!), combine the following in a blender for the milkshake:
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew, almond, coconut, or regular milk
- 1 scoop vanilla or cookies and cream protein powder
- 1 tbsp chocolate or french vanilla sugarfree pudding (It also tastes fine without; just gives some depth to the flavour)
- RUM EXTRACT (The secret to cookie flavoured ice cream!)
- 7 cubes ice
- Pinch Salt
If you don’t have protein powder on hand, a banana will work in its place!
Break the cookie into pieces and stir into the milkshake.