For health reasons in the past, I was Paleo for 2 years; a lifestyle which eliminates grains, gluten, dairy, and refined sugars. While I adore flexible dieting (eating whichever foods you would like as long as they fit into your daily macronutrient requirements – fat, carbs, and protein) and finding balance in life, my current diet is probably 70% paleo because there is a noticeable difference for me when I’m running off of whole foods as fuel! Refined flours and sugars noticeably affect my body and mind – do you find the same??
These cookies (while they taste like a sweet treat that took a long time to prepare) are super easy, flourless, and a great source of Vitamin E to keeping that winter-end skin a-glowing!
FLOURLESS SUGAR COOKIE “STERNE” (Stars :))
Nutritional Information per cookie (makes 14):
3 g Fat
2 g Carbs
1 g Protein
⭐️~3/4 cup (90g) raw cashews, blended into a flour using a food processor
⭐️1 (30g) egg whites
⭐️ 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
⭐️ pinch salt
⭐️ granulated sweetener to taste (I used 2 tbsp monk fruit extract)
1) Whip the egg whites by hand until stiff peaks form, slowly adding in sweetener of choice.
2) Stir in the vanilla, salt, and cashew flour. Form a dough.
3) Roll the dough until it’s 1cm thick and refrigerate 2hrs – overnight.
4) Remove from fridge and cut into shapes (I used “sterne” shapes as my Oma calls them – aka. stars – because YOU GUYS ARE STARS), pressing sprinkles into the top before baking.
5) Preheat oven to 320 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place your cookies on the sheet and bake for about 8 minutes.
Super easy! I love seeing your creations on Instagram- please tag me in them if you try! Enjoy and keep shining my friends,