When I was an ice cream scooper (my first summer job), I had a customer come into the store during a long weekend who was EXTREMELY passionate about mint chocolate chip flavoured ice cream.
But alas… I had scooped the remainder of that flavour onto a child’s cone just minutes before!
The customer described to me exactly why mint chip was the best flavour:
- It’s FRESH
- It’s GREEN- the colour of Spring!
- It has TEXTURE
- It tastes like the word REFRESHMENT
And then proceeded to exit the store without a cone because nothing compares to mint chocolate chip.
This fresh, green protein milkshake is perfect for Spring… AND St. Patrick’s Day!
Without Chocolate Chips
8 g Fat
12 g Carbs
29 g Protein
With Chocolate Chips
12 g Fat
22 g Carbs
30 g Protein
- 3 cups spinach
- 30 g (2 tbsp) ripe avocado
- 1 scoop vanilla whey powder (You could also use vanilla plant based protein in this recipe!)
- a few drops peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp (15 g) chocolate chips
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk of choice
- 7 ice cubes
- Pinch sea salt
- Sweetener of choice (I used 2 droppers of stevia)
- 1 tsp Xanthan gum (This makes the texture rich and creamy!)
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Pulse to grind ice and avoid air bubbles, and then blend.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day, everyone! Spring is just around the corner!