Avocado toast is all the rage, especially if topped with an egg!
Today’s recipe is a simple twist on a traditional avocado toast! I love peanut butter on rice cakes, and thought, “Wow! This is just as good as a standard toasted slice of bread.”
From there, the rice cake for toast substitution came to be!
- 1 egg + 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 30 g (1 tbsp) ripe avocado
- 1 rice cake (I used a Tomato Basil Flavoured one!)
- Salt, red pepper flakes
- Scramble, fry, soft boil, or poach an egg. To learn how to poach an egg, see this how-to guide.
- Slice the avocado and arrange on the “toast”. If you would rather have your avocado “smashed” on the rice cake toast, do this in a separate bowl! The rice cake is delicate and might break if you attempt to flatten the avocado on it.
- Top with the prepared egg, salt, and red pepper flakes.
Adding a piece of smoked salmon is a nice way to add some protein!