This is quite possibly the easiest recipe of all time. HOWEVER, it is also the tastiest way I’ve found to consume caffeine and protein simultaneously 🙂
This recipe uses black coffee ice cubes! You could also pop these into a regular glass of milk of choice without the protein powder if you’d prefer.
Nutritional Information of a Starbucks Mocha of the same size
8 g Fat
36 g Carbs (28 g Sugar)
Nutritional Information of Chilled Protein Mocha
4 g Fat
6 g Carbs (2 g Sugar)
26 g Protein
THE 1 MINUTE CHILLED PROTEIN MOCHA
• 1 cup black coffee, frozen into cubes the night before
• 1 scoop (35 g) vanilla or chocolate whey protein powder
• 1 cup (250 mL) milk of choice (I love unsweetened cashew)
• 1 tsp (3 g) baking cocoa
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine milk of choice, whey protein powder, milk, baking cocoa, and vanilla extract in a blender until smooth.
- In a tall glass or jar, place black coffee cubes.
- Pour milkshake over the coffee cubes and stir.
TIP: Use a few drops of baking extract (peppermint, caramel, maple, coconut, almond, or butter, for example!) found in the grocery store baking aisle to flavour your protein mocha!