I’m a huge zoodle (Zucchini noodle) fan! Zoodles with bolognese, marinara, pad thai peanut sauce… you name it!
And while I love the taste of alfredo sauce, my body doesn’t feel amazing afterwards. Here’s a light, simple alfredo variation made with cauliflower- it’s creamy and tastes nearly identical to the traditional version.
The secret to eliminating any taste of cauliflower??!
AGGRESSIVE SEASONINGS! Salt, pepper, fresh pressed garlic, and roasted onion take centre stage on this one 🙂
For the Cauli-fredo Sauce (makes 4 servings)
• 1 head cauliflower, broken into pieces
• 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1/2 cup (250 mL) chicken or vegetable broth
• 1/2 clove fresh garlic
• Freshly cracked salt and pepper
• Optional: Freshly grated parmesan cheese
For the Chicken & Zoodles
• Zucchini, spirallized or made into broad noodles using a vegetable peeler
• Chicken Breasts
• Salt, Pepper
- Toss cauliflower and onion in olive oil, salt, and pepper, and arrange on a lined baking sheet.
- At 350 degrees, roast the veggies for 20 minutes, shuffling occasionally so that the onions don’t burn.
- Meanwhile, grill or sauté the chicken breast until white throughout, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Once the vegetables are finished roasting, add them to a blender, along with 1/2 cup (250 mL) chicken or vegetable broth, 1/2 clove fresh, pressed garlic, and cracked salt and pepper. Blend until smooth, and taste to adjust saltiness.
- In a small pan over low heat, toss the raw zucchini noodles with sauce and chicken. Zucchini contains a lot of water, and if heated for too long, will begin to lose it. This could result in a watery sauce, which we don’t want – A 30 second toss is perfect!
- Transfer to plate and top with additional parmesan, salt, and pepper.