These lil guys are 56 calories each- I sandwiched some ice cream between two for an ice cream donut sandwich!
For a vanilla donut, simply omit the cocoa!
FLOURLESS GLAZED CHOCOLATE PROTEIN DONUTS
Nutritional Information PER DONUT (with glaze): (makes 9)
3 g Fat
3.5 g Carbs
4 g Protein
For the Donuts:
🍩 1.5 scoops ( 55 g) Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
🍩 2 tbsp ( 15 g) cocoa powder
🍩 ~1/2 cup ( 100 g) unsweetened applesauce
🍩 2 tbsp ( 25 g) coconut flour
🍩 1 egg
🍩 1 tsp baking powder
🍩 splash unsweetened cashew milk
For the Glaze:
🍩1 tbsp ( 15 g ) coconut oil
🍩1 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice (I used monk fruit extract)
1) Preheat oven to 320. Spray a donut pan with nonstick spray or use a piece of parchment paper to grease it with a bit of coconut oil.
2) Combine the dry ingredients, followed by the egg, applesauce, and a splash of unsweetened cashew milk.
3) Pour batter into a large ziplock bag and cut off the tip. Pipe batter evenly amongst 8 donuts. Tap pan gently against the counter to remove any air bubbles so that the end product will be some nicely shaped donuts!
4) Bake for 8 minutes; cool for 5. Meanwhile, prep the glaze by quickly whisking together melted coconut oil and sweetener.
5) Dip donut in glaze and allow to harden for 2 minutes.