It’s official. Egg whites are the most versatile food. From cinnamon rolls (recipe a few posts back!) to pizza, they really can do anything- sweet or savoury, EGG WHITES ARE WHERE IT’S AT.
OPEN-FACED EGG WHITE PIZZA OMELET
4.5 g Fat
6 g Carbs
31 g Protein
• 3/4 cup (189 g) egg whites
• 20 g turkey pepperoni (You could use chicken, ground turkey.. anything!)
• 2 tbsp (50 mL) marinara sauce
• 1 cup spinach, chopped
• 2 tbsp (15 g) low fat mozzarella
• Fresh basil, garlic, salt, pepper
1) Make egg whites into an open faced omelet. (You can use non-stick spray or a bit of coconut oil so that the eggs don’t stick to the pan 🙂 )
2) Once firm, top with tomato sauce, spinach, meat, fresh basil, garlic, salt, and cracked pepper.
3) Reduce heat, allow cheese to melt (Don’t flip!), and every so often use the spatula to give the pizza a little shuffle so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
4) Eat and let this omelet steal a pizza your heart! Too cheesy?? Hahah!