I love granola, guys! I love the crunch, the sweetness, the clusters that make a nice snack to nosh on.
I’m also a huge pumpkin fan. We overdose on pumpkin in the fall, and forget about it for the rest of the year, but it’s actually a super nutrient dense food- it’s packed with vitamin C (which is GREAT this time of year whilst warding off sickness), fibre… AND… it’s also a fantastic high volume food!
Here’s another homemade granola recipe– one of my favourites (because how can you beat peanut butter and chocolate??)!
This one is SUPER easy to make- done in minutes. You can take it with you in a container on long days for a snack, as well!
PROTEIN PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHUNK GRANOLA
Entire recipe (this makes a lot- I split it into 4 servings):
27 g Fat
104 g Carbs
44 g Protein
7 g Fat
26 g Carbs
11 g Protein
• 1.5 cups (135 g) large flake oats
• 1 scoop (30 g) vanilla whey powder
• 2 tbsp (30 g) chopped dark chocolate
• 1 tbsp (15 g) coconut oil
• 1/2 cup (125 g) pumpkin purée
• 1 tbsp cinnamon, 1 tsp nutmeg, pinch salt
1) In a small saucepan, melt coconut oil and stir in pumpkin and spices.
2) In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and add to the saucepan. Fold in the chocolate chips.
3) Bake at 350 for 12 minutes on a parchment lined sheet and enjoy!
I tossed a few toasted walnuts in there for extra fats ☺️