Ok… the pun is bad! BUT, the flavours in this fresh breakfast scramble will NACHO socks off!
This recipe is completely customizable to your needs! For lower-fat, try egg whites and low fat cheese, and skip the avocado while focusing on additional Pico or veggies.
For higher fat, lower carb, you could omit the breakfast bowl and create a salad, using whole eggs!
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 2 eggs or 4 egg whites, salt, pepper
- Sauteéd veggies of choice (I used red peppers)
- 2 tbsp Low Fat Cheese
- Handful fresh spinach
- Homemade Pico de Gallo (for single serving; you could make more and add it to salads throughout the week!):
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- fresh cilantro, salt, and pepper
- (You could also use store bought salsa- look for one without sugar added)
- Preheat oven to 300. Grease a small ramekin, skillet, or cake pan. I use non-stick coconut oil spray!
- Gently press the whole wheat tortilla into the ramekin, forming a bowl. Place in the oven for 5 minutes. The edges will be the first to crisp, so make sure to check often to ensure that they don’t burn!
- Meanwhile, scramble your eggs with fresh salt and pepper.
- Remove your bowl from the oven, and assemble with fresh spinach, roasted veggies, eggs, pico de gallo, and cheese.
- Top with lime juice and extra salt and pepper!
Happy Taco Tuesday!