I’m big into Oktoberfest. As in, I LOVE it! I’ve been performing in the festival as a polka dancer for years, and aside from the rush of boppin’ around the stage, something which I look forward to each year are the beer nuts, the aroma of which you can smell floating through the air from outside the halls.
Not sure if beer nuts are a local thing, or if they exist worldwide, but holy smokes, are they ever delicious! Almonds that are sweet, salty, crunchy, aromatic… and smothered in butter and sugar.
Almonds, coconut oil, cinnamon, cocoa, and salt are the only ingredients in this health-ified version which can be done in minutes! They make the perfect dessert or snack- I also really enjoy them chopped and sprinkled over oatmeal!
Super Easy Salted Cinnamon Cocoa Almonds
• 1 cup raw almonds
• 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
• 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
• Granulated Sweetener of choice (I like 2 tsp coconut sugar)
1) Toast the almonds at 350 for 3 minutes- They don’t need long!
2) In a small saucepan, heat the coconut oil over low until just melted.
3) Remove from stovetop and stir in cocoa, sweetener, and salt.
4) Pour in the almonds and toss.
5) Return the almonds to the baking sheet, and use a sieve to dust with cinnamon and additional sweetener.
6) Let cool and serve!