FIZZY N’ FRESH.
Doesn’t that sound fun??
Spring is super fun! Flowers finally begin to sprout, grass becomes green, and colour slowly begins to erupt out of the ground which is currently a nice shade of.. well, brown.
While there isn’t much colour yet, Spring is the perfect time to bust out this colourful strawberry lemonade spritzer!
Spring is also a time for simplicity and cleanliness. This recipe requires only a few dishes… and be done in minutes!
Let’s ring in the spring with some fizz!
Nutritional Information per serving (makes two):
8g Carbs (5g Sugar)
- 1 cup Fresh strawberries, washed with Stems removed
- Two lemons, Juiced
- 4 cups of sparkling water
- Optional sweetener of choice (I like a bit more zingAnd found the strawberries sweet enough, so I did not use a sweeter)
That’s it! You might even have the ingredients in the fridge as we speak!
1) In a blender, blend strawberries until puréed. If using a sweetener, include this in the purée.
2) Strain through a sieve into a small bowl. Divide purée between two jars.
3) Add the juice of one lemon to each jar.
4) Gradually pour sparkling water over the purée and lemon juice. Stir with a straw to combine.
5) If using a sealable bottle, You can slowly invert for a more thorough mixing. Do not shake! That would be a disaster! (I did that once with a shaker bottle filled with sparkling water and water flavouring… 10/10 would not recommend)
And that’s it! You could use strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, pomegranate- Any berry will do the trick! Simply strain the purée before combining with lemon juice and sparkling water.
We’re ready for you!