If you’re like me, you’ve probably been seeing Turmeric flying around social media. What’s the hype about and what does it do? AND HOW CAN I ADD THIS SPICE TO MY ROUTINE IN A TASTY WAY??
Turmeric has been used for centuries for its anti-inflammatory properties. It’s also an antimicrobial aid: It keeps your digestive system in check!
On top of that, Turmeric:
• Has a history of calming emotional and physical stress
• Is rich in antioxidants
• Can boost your immune system
• Can improve brain function: some studies have shown it increases brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), which affects memory and mood
Get in all the benefits with a super simple beverage that you can whip up in minutes!
TRADITIONAL TURMERIC COCONUT GOLDEN TEA
• 1 tsp powdered Turmeric
• 1/4 tsp powdered ginger
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• sweetener of choice (don’t leave this out! I didn’t use a sweetener the first time, and my, was that an… aggressive… flavour (LOL). I used a dropper of stevia, but a more traditional recipe would call for raw honey)
• dash black pepper
• vanilla extract to taste (I used 1/2 tsp)
• 1 cup coconut milk (I used Silk unsweetened coconut almond blend)
Blend all ingredients and simmer to heat!
And finally, a Turmeric Tip:
Combining Turmeric with black pepper allows the Turmeric to become “active” and allows you to receive all the benefits!
Turmeric Tip 2:
Do not splatter on clothes. Things are looking grim for the white shirt I just spilled it on. Ah well- worth it!
Keep rocking and guard your shirts from golden Turmeric splatter. Haha!