PROTEIN FRENCH TOAST DIPPERS WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Rainy days are for goal setting, sitting by the window with a giant mug of coffee, and then watching tons of nostalgic VHS tapes. Tarzan. 101 Dalmations. The Lion King. And what better to compliment those feel-good activities than a childhood favourite for breakfast? Dipping these french toast sticks in frosting makes it 10x more fun.
For the dippers
• 2 slices Ezekiel sprouted bread
• 1 egg
• 3 tbsp (40 mL) unsweetened cashew milk
• 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein
• cinnamon, pinch salt
• coconut oil non stick spray
For the frosting
• 1 tbsp (15g) low fat cream cheese
• splenda, stevia, or sweetener of choice
• splash unsweetened cashew milk
1) Heat a pan over medium heat and coat with non stick spray.
2) Cut Ezekiel toast into “dippers” (aka strips) using a pizza cutter.
3) Whisk egg, milk, whey, cinnamon, and salt in a wide, flat bowl.
4) Coat both sides of the dippers in the mixture by briefly soaking in the bowl.
5) Cook dippers on both sides; about 30 seconds each.
6) To prep the frosting, simply use a fork to mix the cream cheese, sweetener, and milk.
7) Top with cinnamon and sugar free maple syrup syrup.