Taco Tuesday is a thing, right??
These sliders ditch nacho chips for sweet potato “toasts”- one of my favourite substitutes for nachos, chips, and regular toast.
Loaded with fiesta flavours such as lime, chili, garlic, cilantro, and topped with avocado and cheese, these are perfect for a flavourful, fresh meal prep!
Taco Turkey Sweet Potato Sliders
Nutritional Information (1 serving):
• 75 g extra lean ground turkey cooked with oregano, chili powder, garlic, and cumin
• 50 g sweet potato, cut into 1/2cm thick wedges and baked (at 320 for 40 mins, flipped halfway through)
• 1 cup fresh arugula or spinach, chopped
• 2 tbsp (30 g) avocado, sliced
• 1 tbsp (15 g) low fat shredded cheese
• Salt and Pepper
• Lime wedges and cilantro
• Salsa for dipping
1) Assemble your sliders (all ingredients) on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and top with cheese.
2) Bake for an additional 5 minutes and transfer to a plate.
3) Top with lime juice, salsa, cilantro, salt, and cracked pepper.
4) Enjoy Taco Tuesday!