PALEO PIZZA CRUST (NO CAULIFLOWER!)
I say “no cauliflower” because nearly every guy I know (except my friend Sam- Hi Sam!!) despises a cauliflower pizza crust. I will never understand- such a tasty vegetable!
So for the boys of my household, when it comes to a gluten-free pizza night, a coconut flour/egg white-based crust it is!
Nutritional Information for 1 crust (recipe yields 2):
🍕1 cup (250 mL) egg whites, whisked until frothy
🍕1/4 cup (30 g) sifted coconut flour
🍕1/2 tsp baking powder, Italian seasonings of choice (I used garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, and fresh chopped basil)
🍕olive oil cooking spray
That’s it!! Crazy simple!
1) Heat a large non stick skillet over low heat and coat in cooking spray.
2) In a large bowl, mix coconut flour, baking powder, and seasoning.
3) Fold in egg whites until completely combined.
4) Pour 1/2 of the mixture into the pan. Allow to cook for 4 minutes or until the top starts to bubble. Flip and cook for another 30 seconds; transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkled with coconut flour.
5) Repeat with other half of mix.
6) Top pizza bases in desired toppings and bake at 350 for ~10 minutes.
Your pal in pizza,