Dad: *tastes chicken strip* “I never need a deep fried chicken tender again.”
Nutritional Information (per serving; serves 5)
• 5 chicken breasts cut into strips (mine were about 6oz each)
• 100g (1 bag) Quaker tortilla style rice cakes (I used creamy ranch)
• 1 egg
• salt, pepper
• coconut oil spray
1) Preheat oven to 350 and pour rice cakes into a ziplock bag.
2) Crush the cakes into small pieces; a bit smaller than a crispy rice cereal (for reference). Pour into a bowl.
3) In another bowl, whisk the egg, salt, and pepper.
4) Dip the chicken in the egg mixture. Coat with rice cake crumbs.
5) Place on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spray with coconut oil (ensures they don’t burn).
6) Bake for 22 minutes, flipping once every 5 minutes.
I dipped mine in no sugar added ketchup and served with a side of sweet potato fries!