There is nothing like soft serve dipped in chocolate and watching it harden as it makes its way over the counter and into your eager hands.
That’s the feeling and excitement I wanted to translate into this protein popsicle, without all the added sugar!
The shell snaps when you bite into it to reveal the creamy “ice cream” bar underneath.
PROTEIN PEANUT BUSTER BAR WITH A MAGIC CHOCOLATE SHELL
• 35 g (1 scoop) Chocolate Whey powder
• 50 mL (generous splash) unsweetened almond or cashew milk
• 15 g (1 tbsp) natural peanut butter
• 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
• pinch salt
For the chocolate shell:
• 7 g (1/2tbsp)chocolate chips
• 2.5 g (1/2 tsp) coconut oil
• Optional chopped peanuts
1) Blend all ingredients until the xanthan gum has caused the mixture to expand and thicken.
2) Pour into popsicle mold and freeze overnight.
3) Prepare magic chocolate shell by melting ingredients and mixing until smooth.
4) Dip or drizzle your popsicle with chocolate shell and top with chopped peanuts or sprinkles!