I’m not going to lie, I’m pretty obsessed with this meal. A restaurant Pad Thai can be upwards of 1000 calories, but this one is light, fresh, and colourful- all things generally lacking in my heartier Winter food choices! But this rainbow plate can brighten even the gloomiest of winter days. Do any of you find something that you really like and make it every single day until you find your new favourite thing? That’s me! With this recipe. And sweet potato fries… and proats (protein + oats 🙂 ).
• 100 g raw spiralized zucchini (If you don’t have a spiralizer, use a vegetable peeler to make noodles!)
• 50 g raw, spiralized carrots
• 50 g raw chopped purple cabbage
• 100 g (~10 large) Shrimp, Cooked
• 15 g (1 tbsp) natural Peanut Butter
• 30 mL (2 tbsp) Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
• 30 mL (2 tbsp) Lime Juice
• Fresh Garlic and Ginger
Optional, but highly reccomended:
• Lime Wedges, Cilantro, Chopped Peanuts
1) In a pan sprayed with non stick spray over medium heat, sauté the vegetables and season with garlic, salt, and pepper. I think the perfect cooking time is about a minute- we don’t want the vegetables to get soggy! If you prefer and are short on time, this recipe is also great with the vegetables left raw.
2) Plate the veg and top with cooked shrimp.
3) In a small bowl, whisk the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic and ginger.
4) Drizzle on top of your plate and garnish with cilantro, lime wedges, and chopped peanuts.
And there it is- A healthy alternative to food court Pad Thai!