You know those rich molten lava cakes that you can order at a restaurant off the dessert menu? The ones that literally ooze the good vibes of chocolate? While a lava cake from a restaurant tastes like heaven, they pack a hefty punch of sugar.
Let’s look at the calories for a molten lava cake from Chili’s:
1,160 Calories • 63g Fat | 145g Carbs | 13g Protein
I’m all about big flavours, but I’m also very much about ensuring that those flavours come from food sources which are going to put my body in an optimal state 🙂
This lava cake has a centre of gooey chocolate and is a decadent way to indulge without consuming an excess of calories than what your body needs.
Nutritional Information (serves 1; without optional chocolate chips):
232 Calories • 6g Fat | 5g Carbs | 35g Protein
• 1 scoop chocolate whey (peanut butter chocolate whey in this recipe
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 7g (1tbsp) baking cocoa
• pinch salt, sweetener to taste
• 1 egg
• 30g reduced fat cream cheese
• optional chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) Mix all ingredients (dry and wet separately; then combine) in a small bowl, then fold in the chocolate chips.
3) Spray a ramekin with non stick spray. Pour in the batter and bake for 15 minutes.
4) Remove from oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes.
5) Place a plate over the ramekin and flip. Slowly lift the ramekin to leave the cake on the plate.
6) Top with icing sugar and/light whipped cream and break into the lava!