What Monday couldn’t use a little bit of chocolate? Chocolate is one of my favourite flavours! While I do incorporate treats into my diet in moderation, it’s a bonus if they’re packed with ingredients which have benefits to the body.
THE SECRET INGREDIENT FEATURED IN THIS RECIPE… Sweet Potatoes! Sweet potatoes are orange because of a pigment called beta carotene, an antioxidant which is converted to Vitamin A. The body uptakes beta carotene much more effectively if accompanied by a healthy fat, which is peanut butter in this recipe!
So! In a chocolatey mood and by request, here are the easiest fudgy brownies using only a few ingredients.
Healthy Flourless 4 Ingredient Brownies
Nutritional Information (makes 8 large):
84 Calories • 4F | 8C | 3P
• 1 (150g) mashed sweet potato
• 1/3 cup (30g) cocoa powder
• 1/4 cup (60g) natural peanut putter
• 1/4 cup granulated sweetener of choice
Optional frosting (simply combine these):
• Low fat cream cheese
• Granulated sweetener of choice
1) Preheat oven to 350 and spray a bread pan with non-stick spray.
2) Combine all ingredients into a batter and distribute evenly through the pan.
3) Bake for 25 minutes and remove.
4) Allow to cool for 20 minutes before removing from the pan, and frost of course! Cut into 8 squares.
Have a rocking Monday, everyone!