I loved granola as a kid, but as I become more aware of the foods I’m fuelling my body with, I hesitate because of the added sugar and fat found in commercial varieties. This homemade granola is easy to make, packed with protein, and makes an excellent breakfast or mid-day snack in a little tupperware.
If you’re a fellow granola aficionado, your favourite combination of flavours is peanut butter and chocolate, you’re a protein fiend, or you simply want to spice up your snack life, this recipe is the one for you!
HEALTHY PROTEIN-PACKED PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE GRANOLA
Nutritional Information: (serves 3)
170kcal • 5F/22C/10P
It has the same crunch as the clustery goodness you’d pour out of a box… without the added sugar.
• 1 cup (90 g) uncooked large flake oatmeal
• 1/2 scoop (18 g ) whey protein powder (Could easily increase this to 35 g to raise the protein content)
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) unsweetened cashew milk or water
• 1 tbsp (15 g) all natural peanut butter
• pinch salt, splash vanilla extract
• stevia or granulated baking erythritol to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350 °.
2) Combine all ingredients (except peanut butter) in a large bowl. The mixture should be thick and able to hold together.
3) Stir in the peanut butter.
4) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the granola mixture onto the pan and break into little clusters.
5) Bake for 18 minutes, shuffling the granola every 5 minutes so that it crisps all the way through.
Enjoy in a bowl with milk of choice (I’d drizzle some additional PB on there) or on it’s own as a mid-day snack!