Part of building your best self is nourishing your body with all of the feel-good foods. I love using small smashed baked potatoes as little toasts or sliders. Or nachos! I mean, a small smashed potato is pretty darn versatile. For breakfast… scrambled eggs and salsa. As an appetizer… bacon, chives, and cheese. The combo is up to you! This is one of my favourites.
Smashed Potato Sliders with Guac and Turkey Bacon
Nutritional Information (per slider; makes 6):
68 kcal • 4F | 6C |2P
•148g (6) boiled blushing belle potatoes (or small white potatoes)
•50g Plain Greek Yogurt
•2 slices turkey bacon, diced and cooked until crispy
•juice of 1/2 lime
•salt, pepper, parsley
1) Preheat the oven to 400°.
2) Using a large, flat bottomed glass, gently press down on each potato to smash it into a 1-2cm thick “toast” or “slider”.
3) Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, spray with cooking spray, and bake at 400° for 10 minutes to crisp.
4) Meanwhile, combine lime juice, salt, pepper, and avocado until smooth. I use a food processor for a super creamy guacamole!
5) Once the sliders are crispy, remove from the oven, top with guac, 1-2 tsp greek yogurt, turkey bacon bits, and parsley. Fresh herbs instantly add the gourmet feel, even with simple ingredients!
6) Top with salt, pepper, and salsa if you’re feeling it! You could even add cheese and bake it again- The options are limitless.
I’d love to see your creations on Instagram- please tag me in them!
Keep rocking on,